Tuesday, May 13, 2014

3rd 5K finished!!! 2 to go and a 10k!!

This past weekend was busy!!! But a good busy! On Saturday I did a 5k with my daughter Kaylee for Girls on the Run! It was at St James Farm in Warrenville and let me tell you ... Not the best for my knee because it was on pretty much all grass and mud trails which where uneven as heck. For me right now the only thing really bothering my knee is uneven ground so needless to say I did the best I could. We completed it in 54 mins which was below the goal my daughter set from last years race so very happy!!! I was told I couldn't run by my physical therapist but I have come to realize not running isn't possible in any race. First off Kaylee picks the beginning of the line so we had to run the beginning so we didn't get trampled. Then at the end we had to run it in . We did jog a little in the middle but not much. It was a beautiful area and scenery and I would love to do it again when I am all better. It was an awesome experience with my daughter and I am looking forward to next years.
Food wise this weekend was bad but soooo good. Saturday night my hubby took me out for dinner to Salerno's in Hodgkins and it was awesome. Italian at its finest. Sunday we took his mom out for Lunch at Chilis but I tried to be better there but those chips and salsa are my down fall. I took left overs home from both places. Now on Sunday I workout with my mother in law which was great. She had both knees replaced in October so it was great seeing her ride the bike. I am so proud of her cause she has had complications with it and she is one tough cookie. I rode the bike 20 mins and walked on the treadmill for 20. It was all I could do before the knee started to bother me. Stupid knee!!! I am feeling good though definately stronger in my knee/leg. Alot of the physical therapy is for the muscles around the knee . Monday was busy busy busy. In the morning I met with my trainer at 5am worked out on treadmill after and then at 7am had my physical therapy. I then had a field trip with Kaylee and her 4th grade class to the Museum of Science and Industry. Walked all day which my knee only started bothering me at the last hour , hour and 1/2. I was exhausted wanted to go to bed at 5pm but I did clean a bit and ended up with a burst of energy. I downloaded my body media information for the day and burned over 1000 calories . I tried to get up this morning to workout but didn't, which is better anyway right now cause Kaylee has early morning orchestra which makes it really hard in the mornings but I do have physical therapy tonight and it is getting a bit harder so that will be good. I will definately be going tomorrow morning, it makes such a difference in my mood. Especially since the 5k because I know I can do a bit more then I thought now. However I am reminded by my Physical Therapist not to get too over the top with it yet. Not easy for me right now! So I was very excited that last Friday I stepped on the scale with a 2 lb lost. I have been in a rut and haven't 2 lbs in a while. I think that is another reason my attitude has gotten better. I have my 9 month follow up with the Surgeon on the 28th. We shall see how that goes, I was hoping to meet there goal given to me by then but that is okay I feel great and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment