Friday, November 29, 2013

First 5K - Thanksgiving day !

Completed my first 5K on Thanksgiving!!! I did it in 47mins which I am so very proud of. It was called the Pie run so it was actually 3.14 miles. I got 2 pies after the race so that was pretty cool. I went with my Cousin Jessica and my trainer Vance. Trainer did it in less then 30 mins , I hope someday that will be me. I love to Run. I forgot how much until the race. I remember running so much in highschool and I can't wait to lose more weight because it is just going to make it easy.  It was very cold so after the finish my lungs were burning and I started coughing like I was smoking again. It was only for a little while after so that was good it didn't last longer. My right knee is killing me today. I had torn my ACL back in 1997 and had surgery so I was expecting some pain but this pain is a little worse then when I was training. I will give it a few days of recupurating before worrying too much . I may wear a knee brace next race. I am contemplating doing a 5k in January we shall see. Training with my Trainer is going very well. I think this month is going to be slow on losing weight. The past two weeks I have lost 1 lb each week and I was use to 3 lbs a week. But in all honesty I am still happy with 1 lb. Hoping my knee starts feeling better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment